Fresh air, warm sun and delicious foods make brunch a favorite weekend event. Set the stage (and the table) for an inviting experience with recipes that cover all the bases from snacks and desserts to a mouthwatering main course.
Perfect for any brunch occasion is a delicious dish that can be made a day in advance, simplifying your morning prep before guests arrive with growling stomachs.
Prepared the day before and chilled overnight, this Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is ready to bake to perfection in the morning with a gooey interior and crisp exterior filled with mouthwatering flavor. Drizzle with glaze then dish out to loved ones for a delicious way to make brunch easy.
Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package 20 ounces French bread, cubed, divided
- 1 can 20 ounces apple pie filling
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus additional (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk plus additional (optional)
- Spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In baking dish, add 10 ounces cubed French bread in bottom of dish.
- Pour apple filling over bread. Top with remaining cubed French bread.
- Set aside. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon.
- Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Remove foil and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk.
- Add additional, if needed, until pourable glaze is reached.
- Drizzle over casserole before serving.
A Brunch-Worthy Dessert: Brown Sugar Pound Cake
Whether your brunch feast consists of bacon and eggs, pancakes and waffles or a combination of favorites, you can cap it off with a sweet treat for the perfect ending. After all, no celebration is complete without dessert.
Once the table is cleared of the main courses, dish out decadent bites of this Brown Sugar Pound Cake baked with high-quality ingredients to end the meal on a sweet note. Top with whipped cream and your crowd’s favorite fruits like strawberries and blueberries or serve the toppings separately for a customizable treat.
Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for coating pan, divided
- 1 cup packed C&H Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sweetened whipped cream for topping (optional)
- fresh fruit such as strawberries and blueberries, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit, if desired.