Whether it’s a quick side for the weeknight family dinner or a picnic or potluck, this Southwestern Bean & Quinoa combination is a delicious, good-for-you choice that’s as easy as 1-2-3.
First, cook up some quinoa; it’s simple and will be ready in about 15 minutes. While it cooks, chop and slice the vegetables and whisk up the dressing. Next comes READ Southwestern Bean Salad, the secret ingredient that adds great flavor and saves time in the kitchen. Combine the zesty Tex-Mex seasoned mixture of black beans, kidney beans, corn and hominy with the quinoa and veggies, add the aromatic dressing, toss and go.
Serve it as a meatless main dish, or to accompany grilling favorites like chicken or pork. It’s versatile, too. Easily double the recipe for a large gathering, or change up the vegetables for other favorites that are in-season or on-hand in the fridge. Visit ReadSalads.com for additional recipes and serving suggestions. ❚
Southwestern Bean & Quinoa Salad With Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 Can READ Southwestern Bean Salad 15oz
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Tomatillos
- 1/2 Cup Thin Bell Pepper Strips
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 1/2 Tb. Canola Oil
- 1 Tb. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp. Shredded Lime Peel
- 1/8 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- Drain bean salad.
- Discard liquid or save for another use.
- In large bowl, combine bean salad, tomatoes, tomatillos and bell pepper.
- For dressing, whisk together oil, lime juice, peel and cayenne.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Toss with quinoa.
- Add to bean salad mixture; toss lightly to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.